How to Write 12 Books in 6 Months
Editor’s Note: Before we get to HOW to do this, you might be asking yourself WHY? What would ever motivate a writer to put in that much work and effort? Turns out, there are several good reasons.
- Amazon searches give you “extra credit” if you have more than six books under your name
- It makes free book giveaways more profitable, as it points readers to more things to buy
- People tend to binge-buy series, purchasing everything in it at once
- Your author page looks more like you’re a “real” author because you have so much material
- Each book is a chance to grow your newsletter and platform
Make sense? Good. Now, we return you to your regularly scheduled blog post.
Writing 12 books in 6 months may seem like an impossible task, but it’s worth the effort. As mentioned above, it boosts sales and gives you a backlist to make every promotion you do sell more books than ever before. It’s also not a complicated process. Here’s how it works:
- Step One: You Start With a Concept.
- Step Two: You Map Out Your Long Game.
- Step Three: You Clear Your Decks.
- Step Four: You Set a Release Schedule.
- Step Five: You Set a Promotion Schedule.
- Step Six: You Start Writing.
That’s the basics. Like we said, it’s pretty simple and straightforward. Let’s take a look at each step in detail.