In this course, we are going to cover how to write, illustrate, produce, and sell Board Books.
There are 4 sessions in this training:
- Session 1: Niches, Styles, Elements & More!
- The key differences between standard kids’ books and board books.
- Themes specific to board books.
- What’s trending? Why it’s important to notice.
- What to include inside your board book.
- Basic board book structure
- Session 2: Write Your Board Book!
- How to write a simple story.
- How to simplify an existing story.
- Watch a board book story get written live.
- Watch an existing story get simplified live.
- Session 3: Illustrate and Design Your Board Book!
- How to find artwork.
- Step-by-step cover design.
- Step-by-step interior layout.
- A live demonstration.
- Session 4: Publish and Sell Your Board Book!
- The interesting twist to publishing board books.
- Printing methods.
- How to handle distribution (and inventory, if necessary).
- Crowd-funding basics, and why you might want it.
- Marketing Board Books 101