Education Book Design Lab
In this Book Design Lab, Kristen is going to show us how to write education books books for kids. She covers what they are, how to curate and create them, and then how to publish and sell them.
There are 4 modules:
- Session 1: Niches, Styles, Elements, and More!
- The most common Education niches
- Often overlooked (yet profitable) Education niches
- The exact elements to put inside your education book for your target age group.
- Where to find source material for your education book.
- Session 2: Hardcore Design DEMOS!
- Specific cover design elements that set education learning guides apart from other books.
- Step-by-step cover design DEMO in Adobe InDesign!
- Step-by-step interior layout DEMO in Adobe InDesign!
- How to turn your existing kids’ book into an entire series of educational books…
- Session 3: Publishing Models
- The best printing options specifically for education books and learning guides.
- Traditional publishing pros and cons, and why to consider it for education books.
- Indie publishing pros and cons…
- A few bonus places to find more content for your books.
- Session 4: Sell Those Books!
- How to price your education books.
- Specific education book sales outlets.
- How to sell at festivals…with little to no investment.
- How to connect to your local indie bookstores.
- How to approach larger mainstream book sellers.
- And much more!