In this training, we covered:
- Jon Bishton’s hot seat for his children’s nature book, optimizing his title and subtitle, choosing an appropriate cover image, and discussing how to reduce the file size to minimize delivery charges.
- Hilary Davis’s question about sending a review link to readers on launch day.
- Sherry Cockman’s question about the high price of printing a 70 page color book on demand.
- Mary Morris’s question about whether 240 pages is too long for 8 to 12 year olds.
- Sherry Cockman’s question about what newsletter service to use.
- Tyler Lo’s question about hiring ghost writers.
- Nadine Refsell’s hot seat for her children’s cheetah book and her landing page for her coloring page offer.
- Kathy Johannes question about crediting illustrators on your book.
- Richard Prygodzicz’s question about finding affordable illustrators and Nadine’s strategy of looking for a new illustrator on Fiverr.
- Sharon Lang’s hot seat for her children’s book about pandemics.
- Keith Gilbert’s tip to use Microsoft Word to read your manuscript out loud to make typos obvious (and that feature is built into Macs and Windows as well.)
- Terry Eason’s question about minimum page counts for print.
- Nancy Fox and Mary Morris’s questions about formatting book descriptions.
- Nadine Refsell’s question about relaunching your book.
- Keith Gilbert’s question about selling separate editions in different markets, such as a US and UK edition.
- Jan Ziff’s question about Book Funnel and if it is worth using.
- Keith Gilbert’s question about how to include a bleed on your images when contacting with your illustrator.