Erin announced the new schedule for upcoming Pop Up Help Desks, and we covered hot seats and answered questions for:
- Judith Thurber's question about the pros and cons of using a pen name.
- Margi Evans' hot seat for her children's book, specifically about her description.
- Linda Zallen's question about how to optimize a title.
- Paul Fitzgerald's question about why a book he searches for appears in the UK but not in the US.
- Diane Morton's question about how to make money from free books.
- Jenifer Joy Madden's question about why sponsored ads appear before your title in search results and whether to always run ads against each of your books.
- Judith Thurber's questions about whether you can create “About the Illustrator” pages on Amazon and about what to use as a publisher name.
- Wayne Torrie's hot seat for his children's book and ways to improve his cover layout.
- Faith Nelson's excellent suggestion of using google image search for your book's primary color to get a lot of similar books to compare against.
- Phyllis Koch-Sheras's question about the pros and cons of using an illustrator or buying stock illustrations.
- Edwin Washington's question about whether the publisher name effects who or how you get paid.