Training #386 – Hot Seats and Ask Us Anything
In this training, we covered:
- Lamatha Fray's question about next steps to take after writing her first children's book.
- Donnita Parker's question about the best way to add text to a picture book manuscript.
- Chiwah Slater's question about creating an audiobook version first and using income to pay for illustrations.
- Eric Klassen's question about converting your book from RGB to CMYK and how to get the colors to look right.
- Om's hot seat for his relationship book and why Amazon has different covers and prices for each edition.
- Anne Spry's hot seat for her true crime biography and refreshing the cover of the book to better match the genre.
- Casey Chambers question about what to do when you get a bad review.
- Donald Carter's hot seat for his children's book about being a young boy and whether it makes sense to rename his book and how to do so, as well as how to talk to potential buyers in your book description.
- Flora Brown's question about whether you can repost Amazon reviews on your own website or social media.
- Tammy Anderson's question about whether she needs to convert her JPG images from her illustrator to PNG format.
- Cindy Olsen's question about whether it's better to wait for an editor or just use software like Grammarly.
- Cheryl Holland's question about how to determiner whether there is a market for a specific style of children's book.
- Joanna's question about KDP completely rejecting MOBI files now.