This training marks our 400th live Apex Author training! Apex Authors began in 2012, and we moved to a weekly schedule in 2015.
In this training, we covered:
- Birgitte Wilmd's question about how to buy author copies of her books without paying the retail price.
- Margy Lange's hot seat for revitalizing her anthology of thriller/horror short stories.
- Michael Blackwell's question about whether pen names or pseudonyms should be used when authoring books.
- Chiwah Slater's question about whether a large name on the cover makes sense for a relatively unknown author.
- Michael Blackwell's question about how many different pen names you should use and when to use different ones.
- Birgitte Wilmd's question about whether purchasing author copies will count in sales and bestseller rankings.
- Carmelita Dolores's question about how to communicate that your books are in a series.
- Joanna Trelawny's second hot seat for her latest Parrot Adventures children's book.
- Nadine Refsell's hot seat with 6 different cover design options to consider for her children's book.
- Theo Nkone's question about the royalty structures when pricing your book at $0.99 versus $2.99 on KDP.
Image by Susanne Jutzeler.