In this training, we spent some time discussing our predictions for 2022 and beyond in the publishing landscape, demonstrated the new Read-Through Calculator tool, and discussed:
- Suzanne McQueen's question about why it takes so much longer for author copies to ship from Amazon than customer copies.
- Nadine Refsell's question about whether audiobooks for children are popular.
- Suzanne McQueen's question about whether it's worth advertising this year with the political elections in the US coming up later this year.
- Chiwah Slater's question about whether it makes sense to switch from a picture book for the first book in a series but change to chapter books for the rest of the books in the series.
- Suzanne McQueen's question about whether you can add audio to ebook versions of children's picture books.
- Chiwah Slater's question about whether KDP Select is worthwhile even if you don't make much money.
- Suzanne McQueen's question about how to get Kindle Unlimited to feature your book in an email or newsletter.
- Edwin Washington's question about what to do if another book already has the same name as your book.
- A hot seat for Nadine Refsell's covers for her next Squidget the Clever Cat book.
- Cynthia McBride's hot seat for her humorous animal stories.
- Chiwah Slater's question about whether you need to unpublish the first edition when publishing the second edition.
- Suzanne McQueen's question about whether you can use the same ISBN number at both Ingram Spark and KDP.