In this week's session, we started out with the news about the USA Today bestseller list going away (at least for the rest of 2022) and that our prediction about Draft2Digital distributing to SmashWords back in February came to fruition before the end of the year. We also shared a really cool new discovery tool called The Literature Map. The questions that we answered were:
- Chiwah Slater's question about whether booksellers will stock books that request Amazon reviews at the back of the book.
- David R Christensen's question about whether you need a new ISBN when updating a book's cover or title.
- Michelle Berlin's question about including links in her children's books and whether that's allowed. We got into some of the pros and cons of using links in books and some cases where it is not allowed.
- Kapil Athawle's questions about whether Amazon can be a full time and scalable income source, and how to make ads profitable (specifically with low content books.)
- Suzanne McQueen's question about the viability of creating flip books.