Welcome to all of our new Children's Book Formula guests!
We covered a lot of ground in this training, including:
- National Preschooler's Day is on March 10 and promoting your children's books.
- KDP now offers up to 40% for eBook Look Insides and up to 80% for print books.
- Are Universal Book Links for a single edition of a book? And how do you create them? (Bonnie Heidbrak)
- Can I get into legal trouble for using a brand name or public persona in my books? (Susie Ross)
- Do you recommend using an editing service for a children's book? (Anna)
- How do you find a professional editor? (Don Kreuter)
- What is ChatGPT and what can we use it for? (Christina Poodt)
- I don't have a social media following, how do I go about building an audience? (Anna Slater)
- How do you reduce the size of a PDF so that it doesn't go above the 11MB limit to share through Story Origin? (Joanna T)
- What is the difference between the top 100 paid and top 100 free book lists, and does it make a difference when doing market research? (Anna Slater)
- Can you use famous book characters without running into copyright problems? (Mihails)
- Do I need to add a copyright notice in my photographs if I post them to social media? (Don Kreuter)
- I created a square children's book, is it okay or do I need them to be portrait (vertical) or landscape (horizontal)? (Kenneth Ouellette)
- Do children's books need page numbering? (Kenneth Ouellette)
- Where do I find children's book illustrators? (Esmeralda Barahona)
- Can I use Canva pre-set templates to create my children's books? (Esmeralda Barahona)
- Amazon is discounting my book without notifying me, can they do that? (T.J. Latham)
- A demonstration of all of the features we've been adding to our replay pages, including clickable transcripts, full chat logs, chapter marks in the video, and searchable closed captions.
- Is Apex Authors an annual program and what comes with that? (Anna)
Thanks to everybody that stuck around right up to the end.
Be sure to check out the chat log for today's training; there was a lot of back-and-forth interaction and not all of it made it into the recording. There are also a lot of references to further resources and trainings that will provide more information on the topics we discussed.
Image by Gerd Altmann.