In this session, we spent a lot of time doing live research for categories and walk through our process for finding the categories our books should rank in.
Specifically, we covered:
- What are Amazon's bots and how do they moderate our category selections? (Joanna)
- What do I need to do to get a trademark for my characters so that I can create merch like t-shirts? (Rose)
- Should I publish my book first or create my trademark first? (Rose)
- Category research for a memoir of a woman with parkinson's disease. (Eva)
- A hot seat for Eva's book to make decisions for how the cover should match the appropriate category.
- How do I convert my 100-page Word document to an ebook or printable PDF? (Sharon)
- Can you insert images into a book using any of these formatting tools? (Ysabel)
- A very short demo on how to use Microsoft Word to work with different formatting software options.