This Hot Seats/Ask us Anything training focused pretty heavily on images for our books and ways to work with imperfect images and still getting print quality.
Specifically, we covered:
- The Hot Sheet and BookStat have teamed up to create a monthly list of digital and print books.
- Working with clients to get the right cover on a book, plus a hot seat specifically comparing two covers.
- A demo of the dgb.lol, Upscayl, and Photoshop Superzoom applications.
- Declaring AI generated or assisted in KDP for upscaled images.
- Upscaling logos and photographs.
- A demo of the “Magic Grab” and other features in Canva.
- A discussion of who should (or should not) handle the typesetting and cover design of your books.
In the course of our demos, we generated a few samples of upscaled and expanded images, and have included those in the resources below so that you can compare the outputs for yourself on your own computer.